July 9, 2013
CITY OF HURSTBOURNE
304 WHITTINGTON PARKWAY / SUITE 100
Mayor Pro Tem Ed Dahlem called the meeting to order.
C.A.O. Leidgen conducted the roll call. Present were: Commissioner and Mayor Pro Tem Ed Dahlem; Commissioners Earl Hubbuch, Ben Jackson, and Lois Wagner; Attorney John Singler; and C.A.O. Jim Leidgen. Mayor English was not in attendance because of a surgical procedure. Treasurer Bill Bennett also was not in attendance. A quorum of the Commission was present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mayor Pro Tem Dahlem.
RECOGNITION OF GUESTS
– City Engineer Chris Crumpton who spoke later in the meeting.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
– Commissioner Jackson made the motion to approve the minutes of the June 25, 2013 regular meeting of the Commission. His motion was seconded by Commissioner Wagner. Motion carried.
ATTORNEY’S REPORT – Attorney Singler
– Attorney Singler distributed a copy of the final Binding Elements on the Vinings property. Engineer Crumpton reported that a request has been received from Granite City through Louisville Metro Public Works. Originally a bridge was proposed to be constructed behind the Maserati dealership and Granite City has requested that the bridge no longer be a requirement. After discussion, Mr. Crumpton said he will follow up on this and report back to the Commission.
– Attorney Singler had received a phone call from one of the lien holders on the Kaplan house on Parkington.
– Commissioner Hubbuch referred to bushes in the right-of-way which are obscuring the street light on South Lyndon Lane. C.A.O. Leidgen will contact the owner before any other action is taken.
ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – C.A.O. Leidgen
– C.A.O. Leidgen reported that the closing of the fiscal year financial information should be completed within the next few weeks.
– Mr. Leidgen said he and Attorney Singler plan to go to the hearing regarding the renaming of Blairwood Road.
-GENERAL GOVERNMENT REPORT – Commissioner Dahlem
– No report.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT – Commissioner Hubbuch
– No report.
CODE ENFORCEMENT/SANITATION REPORT – Commissioner Jackson
– Commissioner Jackson reported that Mr. Shah’s gate has been partially removed.
PUBLIC WORKS REPORT – Commissioner Wagner
– Commissioner Wagner distributed a list detailing the streets proposed to be repaved. Most of these are cul de sacs and the estimate is $127,595. Engineer Crumpton explained that cul de sacs don’t have the traffic that the through streets have, but many of them have been previously patched but may not have been paved in thirty years. The estimated cost could increase if some areas require additional milling or full depth repairs. To a question from Commissioner Jackson, Mr. Crumpton said he will update the master map of road paving and will indicate future projections. Commissioner Jackson also asked about the City’s plan to improve sidewalks. Mr. Crumpton said most of that plan had been completed in preparation for the grants which the city received for ADA approved sidewalks. Commissioner Jackson then made the motion to approve the plan which was presented for street repaving; his motion was seconded by Commissioner Wagner. Motion carried.
At 5:15 p.m. Commissioner Jackson made the motion to adjourn; his motion was seconded by Commissioner Wagner. Motion carried.