January 24, 2012
CITY OF HURSTBOURNE
304 WHITTINGTON PARKWAY / SUITE 100
Mayor Bob English called the meeting to order.
C.A.O. Jim Leidgen conducted the roll call. Present were: Mayor Bob English; Commissioners Ed Dahlem, Dick Hays, Earl Hubbuch, and Lois Wagner; Attorney John Singler; and Treasurer Bill Bennett. Mr. Leidgen determined that a quorum was present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mayor English.
RECOGNITION OF GUESTS
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Commissioner Hubbuch presented proposed changes to the January 10, 2012 minutes. He then made the motion that those minutes be approved as amended. His motion was seconded by Commissioner Dahlem. Motion carried.
ATTORNEY’S REPORT – Attorney Singler
– Attorney Singler presented to the Commission for their consideration Ordinance # 12-01, Series 2012, An Ordinance Relating to the Regulation of Alcoholic Beverages in the City of Hurstbourne and Appointment of an Alcohol Beverage Control Administrator. This ordinance changes the fee structure for licenses and brings the language up-to-date since it has not been amended in a number of years. Commissioner Hubbuch made the motion to approve first reading of Ordinance # 12-01; his motion was seconded by Commissioner Hays. Motion carried.
– Attorney Singler presented for consideration Ordinance No. 12-02, Series 2012, An Ordinance to Amend the Code of Ordinances of the City of Hurstbourne to provide for the Registration and Permitting of Rental Properties. After discussion, Commissioner Dahlem made the motion to table this ordinance; his motion was seconded by Commissioner Hays. Motion carried.
– Attorney Singler said he has received an e-mail that the Lyndon Fire Department would like to talk with the Commission about their annual in-service.
TREASURER’S REPORT – Treasurer Bennett
– Treasurer Bill Bennett presented the financial statements for December for the General Fund and for the Road Fund, and all departments are within their budgets. Commissioner Dahlem has asked C.A.O. Leidgen to put together a cash-flow analysis since a number of certificates of deposits are coming due and decisions must be made about where those funds will be distributed.
– Don Lawson, Jr. of Stephens & Lawson, CPA’s had presented at the last Commission meeting a copy of the City’s audit for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2011. Commissioner Dahlem made the motion to approve that audit; his motion was seconded by Commissioner Hubbuch. Motion carried.
ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – C.A.O. Leidgen
– C.A.O. Leidgen mentioned that he has received several resumes for the financial assistant position. He and Commissioner Dahlem will examine those resumes and schedule interviews with the finalists.
– Mr. Leidgen will be attending a conference in Frankfort during the upcoming “City Day and Night” program. Any commissioners wishing to attend should contact him.
MAYOR’S REPORT – Mayor English
– No report.
PUBLIC WORKS REPORT – Commissioner Wagner
– Commissioner Wagner reported that she and Engineer Chris Crumpton will meet with the contractor regarding the completion of the ADA ramps and sidewalks project.
GENERAL GOVERNMENT REPORT – Commissioner Dahlem
– No report.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT – Commissioner Hubbuch
– Commissioner Hubbuch gave a report on recent crime activity in the City.
CODE ENFORCEMENT/SANITATION REPORT – Commissioner Hays
– No report.
Commissioner Hays made the motion that the Commission go into Executive Session pursuant to KRS 61.810(C) for discussion of pending litigation and pursuant to KRS 61.810(F) for discussion of personnel matters. His motion was seconded by Commissioner Dahlem. Motion carried.
When they returned from Executive Session, Commissioner Hays made the motion that the Commission come out of Executive Session and return to the Regular Meeting of the Commission. His motion was seconded by Commissioner Dahlem; motion carried. Mayor English reported that in Executive Session the Commission discussed matters of pending litigation and personnel and that no action had been taken.
At 6:15 p.m. Commissioner Hays made the motion to adjourn; his motion was seconded by Commissioner Dahlem. Motion carried.